Cat and Dog Teeth Cleaning in Chicago's South Loop
Pet oral health is a lot like our own. It requires daily brushing as well as professional cleanings by dog dental experts. However, pet dental care often slips out of focus, and if left untreated, it causes your pet pain and affects their overall health. To keep your pet from dental complications, we recommend regular cat and dog teeth cleaning both professionally and at home.
PERIODONTAL THERAPY AND Cat and Dog Teeth Cleaning SERVICES
About two-thirds of your pet’s tooth lies below the gum line, which requires us to place your pet under general anesthesia. With your pet safely sedated, our skilled veterinarians provide periodontal therapy that cleans and polishes the whole tooth. A typical cat and dog teeth cleaning includes:
- Scaling and polishing of each tooth
- Digital dental radiography to examine the roots
- Extractions, or removal, of diseased teeth as needed
Cat and Dog Teeth Cleaning at Home
After any cat or dog teeth cleaning, we'll discuss how you can set up an at-home pet dental care routine. Every patient is sent home with instructions and a toothbrush and paste to help get you started with at-home care. We also talk to you about the following topics.
- Helping you establish a daily routine for brushing.
- What to do if brushing doesn't work. There is a wide range of products such as dental chews and water additives that can help keep your pet’s teeth healthy.
- Choosing appropriate dental products such as those approved by the Veterinary Oral Health Council. VOHC-approved products can be trusted to do just as they claim, so you know what to expect for your pet’s oral health.
- Answering any questions or concerns you may have about our periodontal therapy and pet dental care.