Now Hiring in Chicago
South Loop Animal Hospital is seeking experienced Certified Veterinary Technicians/Nurses for part-time and/or full-time employment at our growing hospital located in Chicago’s South Loop neighborhood. We’re a fast-paced, bustling, six-doctor practice looking to expand our support team.
South Loop Animal Hospital is a successful American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited and Cat Friendly Certified hospital. Our team includes six doctors and 18+ support staff. We rely heavily on our technicians’ skill sets in order to provide the best care for our patients.
What We’re Looking For
Our practice is looking for individuals with the following skill sets:
- IV catheter placement, phlebotomy, and administration of IV, IM, and SQ injections
- Proficiency in preparing surgery patients, ability to assist in patient procedures, confidence in monitoring patients under general anesthesia, familiarity with the monitoring equipment, and ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Possess strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills in order to maintain our high standards of patient care and customer service
- The ability to collect, prepare, and perform diagnostics using both in-house and off-site laboratory services
- Be willing to maintain a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Proficiency scaling, polishing, and radiographing teeth for dentistry procedures
- Detail-oriented, the ability to multitask, and respond quickly and calmly during emergencies
A $1500 signing bonus will be offered to qualified Certified Veterinary Technicians contingent on experience and following an introductory period.
At South Loop Animal Hospital, we offer competitive compensation and a benefit package that includes:
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- An employee profit sharing plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Pet care benefits (including pet insurance)
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax them to (312) 753-5552.